Sunday January 3rd Eliott Lester Whittaker, 60, of Lake Havasu was arrested at the Island Suites located in the 200 block of S. Lake Havasu Avenue for Possession of Dangerous Drugs and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia after he was contacted in regards to a possible trespassing by hotel staff and taken into custody after it was determined he had an active outstanding misdemeanor warrant for his arrest (DR#16-0059). During the contact a strong odor of burnt marijuana could be detected emitting from the hotel room. Due to the trespass request by the hotel staff, Whittaker being taken into custody for the warrant, and the strong odor emitting from the room, a protective sweet of the room was conducted at the request of hotel staff during which time items of drug paraphernalia and what appeared to be Marijuana Wax were located inside Whittaker’s hotel room.
This incident started after an employee at the Island Suites noticed a lot of suspicious activity around Whittaker’s room where approximately 4 people entered the room, and a short time later more people showed up and left again. When passing by the room the employee identified what she believed to be burnt marijuana. Other hotel guests were complaining to the hotel staff of the same.
Items photographed and collected as evidence by LHCPD were:
• A black digital scale with a green leafy substance residue on it
• A yellow plastic box with residue consistent of Marijuana
• A clear water bond with smoked marijuana residue
• A clear bag with a white powdery residue inside
• A blue plastic tube with a white powdery residue inside
• A metal pike tool with a burnt wax like substance on both ends consistent with being used to smoke marijuana wax with
• A balled up wax-like substance
The two other subjects inside the hotel room were released at the scene.
Whittaker was transported to the Lake Havasu City Jail for Booking for his warrant.